The Ohio State University is a national leader in athletics. The Sports and Society Initiative at Ohio State will help to deepen our understanding of society through its intersection with sports by building knowledge and opportunities for students; gathering and creating data to advance impactful research across an array of disciplines; and engaging the community through meaningful conversations.
- Outreach & Engagement: Advance the university’s national reputation through inclusive dialogue, meaningful conversations
- Teaching & Learning: Create learning and career opportunities for students by tapping into passion for sport
- Research & Creative Expression: Increase research prominence and funding of sports related topics
- Leadership & Advocacy: Lead the national conversation around sports topics
- Alumni Relations & Advancement: Engage the university community to connect athletics to purpose
Our expert voices are available to speak on key topics related to sports and society, including economics, youth engagement, media trends, sociological topics, sports medicine and wellness, sports psychology and more.