Thursday, October 3, 2019 - 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Cartoon Room, Ohio Union, 3rd Floor
To some it is simply the pathway to student-athlete eligibility. To others it is a framework for equality in athletics to ensure a more even playing field. To still others, it seems a trap to catch student-athletes and coaches in wrong-doing.
Ohio State's Sports and Society Initiative this fall will dig deep into the intricacies of compliance, peeling back the layers to help build understanding of this complicated process. From high school through college, compliance plays a significant role in the life of all student-athletes. We will talk with compliance officers, administrators, athletes and educators to better understand the intricacies of compliance in a two-hour dialogue and debate.
Speakers will include:
- Matt Bartlebaugh, Ohio State assistant athletic director for compliance
- Kevin Blackistone, University of Maryland professor, ESPN and Washington Post commentator
- Maggie McKinley of University of Cincinnati executive senior associate director of athletics
- Marscilla Packer, associate district athletic director, Dayton Public School; Ohio State women's basketball legend
- Kristin Ronai, Ohio High School Athletic Association director of compliance
- Dr. B. David Ridpath, associate professor of sports management at Ohio University, author of "Tainted Glory: Marshall University, The NCAA, and One Man’s Fight for Justice"
- Ricky Volante, chief executive officer, Historical Basketball League
- Jamie Wood, moderator, Ohio State compliance
Mark your calendar to join us Oct, 3 for this FREE program. Refreshments will be served.