Thursday, October 29, 2020 - 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Zoom (registration required)
Mental health is a struggle for so many under the best of circumstances, but the uncertainty of the COVID-19 crisis has created even bigger challenges. Join Sports and Society as we talk with mental health experts to identify the challenges faced by our student-athletes and how we can support and guide them through these challenging times. Our event is co-chaired by Lori Holtmann, whose husband, Chris, is the Ohio State men's basketball coach. Hayden Grove of Cleveland.com is our master of ceremonies.
Guests will include:
- James Houle, lead sport psychologist for Ohio State Sports Medicine
- Jennifer Carter, lead sport psychologist for Ohio State Sports Medicine
- Chelsi Day, clinical sports psychologist
- William Parham, director of mental health and wellness of National Basketball Players Association
- Gina McDowell, clinical educator for Big Lots Behavioral Health Services at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
- B.J. Evans, Cleveland Cavaliers
- And. more!