Join the spring SSI showcase to focus on aspects of mental health that are key to well-being of students and athletes across all academic levels.
The day-long event "MindGames," which will be hosted by SSI board member Joshua Perry of the Big Ten Network, will focus on several key areas of mental health, including recognition and diagnosis, coping strategies, building resiliency, seeking help and finding resources.
We have been busy conforming speakers for our event, and here is our tentative schedule.
- 8:50- 9 a.m. Introduction with MindGames Honorary Chair Lori Holtmann
- 9-10:30 a.m. What is Mental Health, featuring Ohio State psychologist James Heule, behavioral health clinical educator Gina McDowell of Nationwide Children's Hospital, Ohio State football player Trayvon Wilburn, Ohio State Prof. Ryan Ruddy.
- 10:30-11:30 a.m. The High School Conundrum with Dr. Jimmy Onate, Dr. Jennifer Carter of Ohio State and members of the Ohio High School Athletic Association.
- 11:30-11:45 BREAK
- 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Community Conversation on Mental Health. Our participants and panelists want to hear from the community on areas of concern to help define paths toward solutions.
- 12:30-2 p.m. Lunch (free for all) and a Coaches Conversation on Mental Health.
- 2-2:45 p.m. Scarlet and Grit, resiliency program featuring Ohio State athletes and staff.
- 2:45-3 p.m. BREAK
- 3-4:30 p.m. Confronting the Crisis with Kate Fagan, author of "What Made Maddy Run", Ohio State football player Robert Landers and Dr. William Parham of Loyola Marymount.
Continuing education credits will be available for attendees. For more information, email us.